Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Too many eggs, things could be improved

500 is too many eggs for the mount,it just is. People start being rude to each other and  yelling stuff. even I was driven to less then pleasant behaviours.

Everyone was camping  spots  that eggs spawned at but I found these two bushes that I hadn't known spawned eggs in them it was a nice spot , usually I hate camping, but since I feel sorta bad grabbing eggs if someone is sitting there, well if ya can't beat them join them, so there I sat and this druid comes up and starts grabbing the eggs. I wouldn't do that I just pass on by ( of course this meant till I found this spot I had been running around getting no eggs) " I suggested  hey , you take the spawn point on the right I'll take the left one we can share  :) " He said no way ( some rude stuff ) I'm faster, you 're not even 85 loser  ( I had lag that evening ). then I thought to myself "eh, I don't need this sort of stress" then logged off.  So I did some other stuff, for a while.

Then I felt angry and, well I logged on another account made a level one and scouted the area again Mr. 85 pants was still there. It was still pretty much full. A gnome got his mount left his, spot I logged my other character in and sat there and got eggs. Except in my heart was still a bit of resentment and anger and I could see that 85 druid over there in MY spot  well it had been, and yes, you don't own that spot but still...

I had an idea , I took the level one over by him and grabbed an egg ( two games open, and my lag improves?). So my other character the one who I wanted the mount with is getting eggs as they spawn at the new spot, feeling fine and not caring as  every other egg or so was grabbed by someone running in circles. Level one alt on the other had was getting about every fifth egg before Mr 85. Mr. very important I have titles and have been places you never had I have epics becomes enraged, I'm amused, actually I'm laughing  , because  I'm evil I guess. So he takes out some drums and sets them up, then some banners, a guild chest, turns into a bear sits on the spawn points (anything that might block the eggs from level one alt who by now isn't bothering getting eggs just bouncing her bunny self once in a while)  and is yelling, this goes on for a while. The runners pas by angry level 85 and get the eggs . 

I start chatting with him on my level one, ok at first I baited him " Hey, do you have a sandbox tiger the banners are kinda boring.... a train? what about one of those little mushroom  chairs?" He says  please stop taking my eggs. I say I haven't been since the first few. He says people are all assholes. Why did I have to come take his eggs? I remind him of that lowbie he had to go be a jerk to earlier and say it was me, well I point to the other character he remembers, says yeah it's annoying when people do stuff like he did then logs off.

 I'm not sure what the lesson is here, but 500 is a lot of eggs 250 and people will get done and not go all crazy on each others asses. ( who knows maybe they will? ) I usually don't get mad enough to actually make an effort to be annoying.

Praise Elune the mount is BoP , imagine the horror if people were farming multiples to sell.

I still think the do ability of the event is a great design, but I wish the game wouldn't pit people against each other in the way it does.

Anyhow,  I'm getting a bit long winded here. Tomorrow I'll talk about what I planned to, or maybe later tonight. Because it was going to be about how holiday events could be cleverly designed to teach people useful  game skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment