Monday, November 14, 2011

westfall and memories

I will now ramble in a sort of directionless way.

This morning I am feeling nostalgic, after having leveled a bit through Westfall, actually it was last night I was feeling that way, and it's afternoon, but a long time ago I played WoW the first time, I was a troll priest. I was really bad at it. I could have put a lot or reallys before bad, I was so bad. Being a troll priest has little to do with Westfall , but I'll get there eventually. My guild was unhappy with me, but they had no other healers and they were mean except my friend who's brothers character I was playing (it wasn't even my priest his brother quit after a month of WoW he got a girlfriend and they just wanted someone to play the priest I know playing other peoples accounts are bad but....) After calling me names for two weeks, but still dragging me into instances and stuff (as an afterthought I must have been ok enough) and just being mean to me and offering no helpful advice at all, just after a horrible time in Mauradon (it was new) the told me to go roll a night elf hunter I was so awful and would never amount to anything. ( I'm certain there people are still playing WoW, and are in your PuGs and trade chat, they make people cry, and they probably stand in the bad.) I went out, and after a couple of weeks (I did come home between my shopping excursions) bought my own copy of the game they were hard to find, and made my first very own night elf hunter (made a troll one too, because the guild from the game I had played before played horde) The night elf is still level thirty and still wearing a lot of oddly statted armour (It made sense back then.) My troll hunter got a lot further and spent many a day shooting alliance that would dare to harass the Crossroads. I was a pretty good hunter, my guild liked me and was helpful with usefull advice, but alas they disbanded. I'm getting to Westfall soon.

I was guildless I made another night elf hunter on a new server, I wandered aimlessly with only my wolf (he was a prairie alpha from Mulgore, such a long run, I called him Dusty.) as a friend and realized I was lonely. No one wanted hunters even ones with super cute wolves. I thought hard and had noticed that everyone liked priests and healers and such so I rolled a priest I would be holy, well liked, and meet people and stuff (We all have to have our delusions) I made her to look just like my hunter (had a back story of why my hunter had become a priest after her beloved Dusty died, although actually he ran away while I was afk, I have kids, they trump WoW, i hope dusty found something to eat.) and I also made a troll priest. I went out into the world having high hopes and with great excitement, I met a rogue we were going to do Relics of Awakening and I would heal him and he would kill stuff , oh it would be glorious, a new start in my healing career. He died, he died a lot, he yelled at me for being so stupid and awful and told me to go play a hunter or something. After I got done crying I thought maybe humans would be more forgiving and headed to Stormwind it was a long run through the wetlands many times I was wounded severely, but it was not my time to die and I pressed on> I got to Thessalmar the dwarves hadn't heard of my incompetence, so they gave me some tasks and I crested level twelve, then I remembered that I was headed for Stormwind so I moved on to Ironforge and marvelled at the big lava pit in the middle and killed some rats for the gnomes to eat after discovering the tram.

I made it to Stormwind and asked some guy ( it was a human because a Night elf would know just what a failure I was) where I should go quest (I was feeling particularly brave that day , he sent me to Redridge. Redridge is for people of around level fifteen, I got there there were spiders and gnolls and a Night Elf warrior running toward me yelling "HEAL ME" while being chased by gnolls. I would like to say I suddenly healed him he survived and it was miraculous but, he died right there at my feet. I felt bad I almost cried. His ghost whispered me " hey can you rez me" I did and apologized for not healing him and I explained just how bad I was and muttered something about just going and being a hunter, but he said "hey let's group, I think Redridge is a little to advance for us we should try Westfall" We grouped and headed to Westfall,. His main was a priest he explained spells to me and why some choices were better then others, and there was much killing healing and no dying. then he was level eighteen and I was seventeen and he said " we should do Deadmines " I was afraid but, well I felt more confident, we asked for more in general chat there soon a group was formed. We got the quest the one Gryan Stoutmantle mentions the rewards for while you are in Northrend. We ventured in to the mines, our adventureous spirits high and with much anticipation. The first two bosses went brilliantly I healed he tanked party members lived, enemies died. Things were a bit chaotic in the smelting room we had a runner and n a death but still not bad at all and we were not high level for the instance it was hard but we took it slow discussed things and no one was rude. The boat, well it went badly it took about four tries to not get greenskin running down after us bringing his friends( if you were level sixteen or even seventeen there was a good chance if you didn't stay toward the outer edge of the ramp up you would get aggro from greenskin and pull him and whatever was between), and killing everyone, but in the end we did it we killed VanCleef, it felt really great we were victorious. We got our names yelled across Westfall, we got great rewards it was great, we even did it again, just because we could. after all that we watched the sunset by the lighthouse and I felt happy and like maybe I could be a healer
, for the next two weeks I quested and instanced with the noble warrior who's name I now forget, till he longed to play his priest and we went our own ways. However I will not forget his kindness and how he helped me learn and now westfall always makes me feel warm and fuzzy, except that I apparently aided in killing some poor little girls father in front of her. Also I became a rather good healer and went on to raid in vanilla and a little in The Burning crusade, so even someone who seems like a complete incompetent can go on to be very good at something, if you treat them nicely and help, although now I know I can look online for advice abut sometimes experiencing something while having it explained helps me learn better.

Old blanchy is dead, there is a big hole in the ground, The homeless people make me feel sad and my priest traumatized some poor child, but Westfall is still pretty at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment